POST: SOCIAL WORKER
LOCATION: SOUTH PENINSULA, CAPE TOWN
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Social Worker must be registered with SACSSP, Minimum four (4) years experience and have a valid code 08 driver’s license. She will be responsible for the implementation of all therapeutic counselling interventions, with the goal of ensuring the health, well-being and reintegration of all clients accessing services. The SW will be in a residential environment, but must be able to work/network with various stakeholders to initiate, promote and implement a range of social services. The successful applicant must show initiative, be proactive, have a good understanding of all local communities and be a crucial link in the team.
REPORTING AND AUTHORITY
The Social Worker will report to a supervisor/senior social worker and to the Manager of the organisation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not restricted to)
- Assist in the development of an appropriate social work, therapeutic intervention programme for all Safe House clients, including children, women, caregivers and families, aligned to norms and standards as prescribed by the VEP.
- Conduct initial interviews and screen all referrals
- Provide trauma counselling to all victims of violence and abuse
- Conduct clients assessments of all clients accessing The Safe House, aimed at identifying appropriate, relevant interventions
- Develop Individual Development Plans (IDP) for all clients. Conduct therapeutic group work sessions aimed at promoting healing and restoring bell-being.
- Maintain accurate records of all case interventions.
- Facilitate appropriate referrals to resources.
- Facilitate access to schools, medical care, job skills training, etc
- Conduct awareness campaigns relating to the abuse of women and/or children, particularly sexual abuse and domestic violence against women as well as Community Outreach and Aftercare Projects.To apply, submit a CV to the Director via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 November 2018.