Breaking the silence on abuse – empowering survivors and supporting communities by providing women and children with a safe place to heal, rebuild and reconnect. Our aim is to break the silence on abuse, gender-based violence and domestic violence.
Ensure the smooth running of all operations by providing effective administrative management to the Safe House and Staff.
Responsibilities and Work Outputs
- Proactively manage, coordinate and maintain the diary of the Safe House and Staff.
- Coordinate all aspects of office matters, meetings, and functions according to Safe House’s requirements, and within budget parameters.
- Administration management for running meetings and running of The Safe House (collate, compile and distribute agendas, presentations, minutes within timeframes).
- Manage operations according to agreed business process and budget parameters.
- Manage incoming calls and correspondence (paper and electronic), responding independently where possible and in line with authorized judgement.
- Order and control office supplies and equipment, ensuring enough stock is always available within budget parameters.
- Ensure files (paper and electronic) are kept in order and easily accessible by Safe House.
- Prepare and check invoices and arrangements for payments to ensure adherence to requirements and Service Level Agreements
- Ensure office equipment is regularly maintained by relevant service providers.
- Ensure Occupational Health and Safety requirements are up to date and monitored.
- Monitor and respond to incoming communication on behalf of the Safe House, where appropriate, ensuring efficiency and timeously response.
- Escalate faults and other housekeeping issues with the relevant service provider and ensure queries are resolved within agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Manage and reconcile expenses in line with the allocated budget and within. Defined policy guidelines.
- Contribute to the financial planning process within area.
- Identify opportunities to enhance cost-effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Typing skills
- Embracing change
- Interacting with people
- Making Decisions
- Team Work
- Following Procedures
- Showing composure
- Meeting timescales
Experience and Qualification
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Office administration, secretarial or equivalent qualification
- 3 to 4 years of relevant experience (essential)
- Exposure to supporting a manager or team (desirable)
- Qualification to office management functions would be an added advantage.
Please submit your application via email@example.com
Please submit your application with a covering letter
Closing date 31 December 2020
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan
We also encourage persons with disabilities to apply